Re-Shaping of HSC
Our $5+ million re-shaping Project at Holy Spirit College is now well underway, in preparation for 2015!
The quick summary …
- Construction of a new ‘Self-Service’ Canteen – ‘The Spirit Cafe’ for Students, with separate Junior – Years 7 to 9 and Senior – Years 10 to 12 sections (adjacent to the Science Precinct).
- Construction of 3 new ‘Flexible Learning Areas’ (FLA’s). These FLA’s are larger than normal learning and teaching spaces designed to support and facilitate multiple usage.
- For example, one of the new FLA’s will be configured to support Junior School programs in INTAD (Woodwork, Metalwork, etc).
- Another space will flexibly support our Junior school Home Economics/Hospitality and/or Arts activities etc.
- Construction of ‘The Hub’ which will comprise our new Year 7 Precinct for 2015 (see further details below).
- Complete Reconstruction and Extension of the ‘Seniors Area’ to provide separate but adjacent areas for Years 10, 11, and 12 from 2015 (The ‘Senior College’).
- Construction of new Community Areas for Years 7, 8 & 9 from 2015 adjacent to the new Canteen. (The ‘Junior College’).
- New Student Facilities (separate Junior – Years 7 to 9, and Senior – Years 10 to 12 Toilet facilities etc) adjacent to the new Community Areas (see above).
- Construction of new Covered Walkways/Extension to existing walkways.
This re-shaping Project will then be augmented, in early 2015, with …
- Construction of an additional FLA in the HPE Precinct, including refurbishment of the existing Canteen as part of the HPE Precinct.
- Re-construction and expansion of our Arts Precinct.