VET – Vocational Education and Training Department
Vocational Education & Training Coordinator
The Vocational Education and Training (VET) Department at Holy Spirit College encompasses the following areas of responsibility:
- Provision of Vocational Education and Training Certificates
- Accessing Certificates in partnership with other Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) for students
- School-Based Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Provision of Work Experience and Structured Work Placements for students
- Providing Industry Linked Partnerships
- Accessing the VET in Schools Program offered by Pre-Qualified Suppliers (PQS)
Holy Spirit College (HSC) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered to deliver Nationally Recognised Certificates at Certificate I and Certificate II level to senior students in Years 11 and 12. HSC’s National Provider Number is 30619.
The College offers the following VET Certificates:
- CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction
- MEM20413 Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- MSF10113 Certificate I in Furnishing
- ICA10111 Certificate I in Information, Digital Media & Technology
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- ICA20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media & Technology
In partnership with external RTOs, HSC is able to offer the following VET Certificates:
- 10432NAT Certificate III in Christian Ministry and Theology (delivered in collaboration with the Institute of Faith Education RTO No. 31402)
- CHC30108 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education (delivered in collaboration with Cairns Training Academy RTO No. 30857)
- SIS30510 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation (delivered in collaboration with Binnacle Training RTO No. 31319)
Students in Year 10, 11 and 12 are able to undertake School-Based Apprenticeships or Traineeships. For more information, please refer to the Apprenticeships website https://apprenticeshipsinfo.qld.gov.au/
Students undertaking VET (OP ineligible) have the opportunity to participate in Structured Work Placement in Years 11 and 12. This takes place two weeks at the end of Term 1 and two weeks at the end of Term 3. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to gain relevant industry experience in the vocational area they are studying, and to gain new skills in the workplace that cannot be gained at school.
OP eligible Senior students, as well as students in Year 10, have the opportunity to undertake Work Experience in the School Holidays.
The VET Department liaises with, and works in partnership with, community organisations such as Mackay Region Apprenticeship and Employment Limited (MRAEL) and Ace Apprenticehips, MIGAS, Novaskill, Busy At Work, Doorways 2 Construction, and local employers to assist students in their transition from school to work.
Currently, HSC liaises with Central Queensland University (CQU) who is a Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) of the VET in Schools Program. This program is offered to students in Years 11 and 12 who wish to undertake certificates at CQU that are not offered at HSC. Students participating in the VET in Schools Program attend CQU one day per week to study various certificates.
Application forms for work experience and brochures for the VET in Schools Program are available from the College.
For the Registered Training Organisation Complaints & Appeals Policy, please click here.