More pages in this section
Parents & Friends
Our Parent & Friends (P&F) Association plays an important role in working collaboratively with parents, students and staff in supporting and enhancing student experience of College life.
All parents/carers of students enrolled at the College are members of the P&F Association and are most welcome and encouraged to attend meetings. Families contribute a P&F Levy and this means that fundraising activities are no longer the major focus of the P&F Association, however, our P&F Association continues to make a significant contribution to College life in a number of ways, including:
- Organise social events to bring parents together to enhance the sense of belonging and community
- Organise activities to broaden the knowledge and awareness of parents with respect to learning and teaching undertaken at the College e.g. Information Sharing Evenings
- Organise guest speakers with relevant experience and expertise to share information and tips that can assist in improving parenting skills
- Promote high level engagement with parents and clear meaningful two-way communication between parents and the College
- Promote active and informed parent engagement for a genuine partnership with parents and the College
Our parents/carers are encouraged to attend P&F Association meetings and their events. In so doing, you will not only gain a greater understanding of the teaching and learning taking place at our College but, hopefully, you will find it a very positive and rewarding experience that will enhance your sense of belonging to our Holy Spirit College community.
Meetings are held at least four times per year. All parents/carers of students enrolled at the College are members of the P&F and are most welcome and encouraged to attend.
Please feel free to forward any thoughts, ideas or correspondence to the P&F’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your input through email and hope this will become a valuable way to communicate with the P&F when unable to attend a meeting. If you require further information call the College Office on 07 4994 8600.
Please click here to access the Holy Spirit College P&F Association Constitution.
For further information on roles of P&F Associations and parent support visit Catholic School Parents Queensland website.
P&F Association Executive
Mr Michael Dorl (President)
Mrs Natasha McCallum (Secretary)
Mrs Therese Mattes (Treasurer)
Meetings are held at the Holy Spirit College Administration Building.
- Wednesday, 26 July 2023, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, 6 September 2023, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, 25 October 2023, 5:30pm-6:30pm
Holy Spirit College and the HSC P&F Association are proud to provide SchoolTV – a digital Wellness Platform. The purpose of SchoolTV is to provide a single resource for parents, students and staff covering a range of wellness and wellbeing topics, on a monthly basis.
SchoolTV provides short, sharp and relevant presentations from a selected range of leading experts and specialists and organisations, and can be viewed on any device. Content is based around the very real issues faced by parents and today’s youth, and is presented in a multi-media format.
Some of Australia’s leading authorities, including Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, have joined together to develop a fresh approach to the distribution of key information and strategies to inform and empower today’s parents and youth.
Some of the SchoolTV expert-presented topics include:
- Self-Harm & Suicide
- Social Networking
- Body Image
- Substance Abuse
- Screen Addiction
- Digital Reputation
If you have any questions about the SchoolTV site, please contact email@example.com.
Please take advantage of these wonderful SchoolTV resources!